Board of Directors and Board Committees
READ Saskatoon's Board of Directors and Board Committees ensure that the mission and vision of READ Saskatoon is defined and fulfilled.
The Board is responsible for:
- Setting organizational values;
- Initiating, reviewing, and evaluating policy;
- Completing annual performance reviews of staff;
- Establishing and annually reviewing Personnel Policies and/or Contracts of Employment;
- Ensuring the long-term financial viability of READ Saskatoon;
- Reporting and being accountable to the membership of READ Saskatoon.
Committes that assist the Board of Directors include:
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Governance Committee
- Fund Development Committee
- READ Saskatoon LIT UP! Committee
- READ Saskatoon PGI Golf Tournament for Literacy Committee
Want to Learn More?
Become a Board Member
The following questions might help you to determine if being a board member for READ Saskatoon is right for you:
- Am I committed to the mission and vision of READ Saskatoon?
- Can I contribute the time necessary to be an effective board member?
- Can I place READ Saskatoon's purpose and interests above my own professional and personal interests when making decisions as a board member?
- Can I lead by example? This means contributing networks, time, talents AND treasurers.
Responsibilities of board members:
- Attend ten monthly meetings throughout the year, and one annual general meeting in June of each year
- Participate in the governance and guidance of READ Saskatoon
- Represent and promote READ Saskatoon in the community, including support of events, fundraisers, and programming
- Support and be an active ambassador for READ Saskatoon’s values, mission, vision, and daily operations
If you are interested in becoming a board member please watch the news section of our website in February of each year. A call will be posted for the skills sets we require. It is open for one month, so there will be lots of time to apply.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board of Directors or one of the Board Committees, please contact READ Saskatoon's Executive Director at 306-652-5448 or sheryl@READSaskatoon.com.
Click here for a current list of Board Members
09th July, 2020
03rd July, 2020
22nd June, 2020