Top 10 Things We Will Miss About Desiree
It has been a great run. Thank you Desiree for 12 years of extraordinary, committed, and loyal service to literacy, and READ Saskatoon. Friday will be her last day, and we wanted to let her know just how much we will miss her: #desfacts #neverboring #literacyenergizerbunny
10. She has logged over 25,000 hours of community literacy work.
9. She can sing “Hello My Name is Joe” for the millionth time, like it was the first.
8. She won the Saskatchewan Literacy Award of Merit and didn’t let it get to her head. Not really anyway. #literacymvp
7. She has tutored for READ for almost 5 years!
6. She is officially known as READ’s best scrapbooker. Well, she is our only scrapbooker, but that doesn’t count.
5. Won “Best Christmas Spirit Award” 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
4. NO ONE can work all day, and then head to the barn, mow her lawn, then paint a house, cook a 4 course meal, then tidy and do dishes, like Desiree. #allinadayswork
3. She will drive anywhere in Saskatchewan to deliver literacy programs and training. #shesbeeneverywhereman
2. She keeps it exciting by changing her hair colour regularly #blue #pink #maroon
And the #1 reason we will miss her:
- Who will hot glue gun all the family literacy stuff when you are gone? #craftinginhersleep #gluegungenius
She’s here till Friday, so drop by for lunch, coffee, or a quick visit. Or drop her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a flashback of the last 12 years with Desiree. She hasn't changed much!