nehiyawak Language Experience - May 27 - May 31, 2019
2019 May 27 1:00 PM to 2019 May 31 4:10 PM READ Saskatoon- Central Park Commons - #2 - 706 Duchess St.
The focus of this program is to produce authentic language engagement to enhance and share nehiyaw identity, including ways of knowing and being.
This is a week long language experience based off of the six-day summer program. It is founded on the epistemological and pedagogical practices of nehiyawak people.
Monday 1 p.m. to 4:10 p.m.
Tuesday 1 p.m. to 4:10 p.m.
Wednesday 1 p.m. to 4:10 p.m.
Thursday 1 p.m to 4:10 p.m.
Friday 1 p.m. to 4:10 p.m.
- Increase the ability to speak and understand Cree over a short time frame.
- Accelerate the learning capability in speaking another language (Cree).
- To have an understanding of a language framework and how it works.
- Build a Cree vocabulary to enhance and strengthen partnerships with Indigenous and non-Indigenous alike.
- Understand the meaning behind the words to learn about the Cree worldview
- To connect to land and to learn from place.
Cost is $250 for the week long session. Bursary is available for low income individuals, students, and clients of community organizations. Please call Cecilia 306-652-5448
Back Register Now!
17th May, 2019
07th May, 2019
04th April, 2019