Request for Proposal - Professional Auditing Services
READ Saskatoon is soliciting proposals from qualified firms of certified accountants to audit READ Saskatoon’s financial statements for the fiscal year April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022. There is the option to extend the contract for READ Saskatoon. It should be noted that READ Saskatoon is not undertaking this process due to the dissatisfaction with the current audit partner.
Your proposal should contain, but not limited to the following considerations:
- Your staff assignments and availability to complete the audit in a timely basis.
- Participation of senior audit personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Availability of staff to respond to questions within the scope of the engagement and the hourly charge, if any, for services outside the scope of the audit.
- Procedures used to transmit audit adjustments and the reasons for them along with management recommendations to the responsible personnel within the Organizations structure.
- Detailed audit plan.
- Your fee proposal to conduct the basic audit function, along with your fee schedule for additional services that may be required beyond the scope of the audit engagement. The proposal should also state that any increase in the audit fee will be immediately disclosed to estimation of the increased fees and the reason for the increase.
- Estimated number of hours to complete the audit.
- Detail of expenses expected to be incurred, i.e. mileage, per diem, telephone, etc.
- Audit firm to produce financial statements.
- The proposal should include a brief description of any value-added services that the Auditor’s will provide; advice to Organization Name staff on issues related financial statements, NPO accounting standards, and any publications related to income tax, GST, etc.
Here is the audit proposal information to provide you with information about the our financial records:
- audited statement from the previous fiscal period
- most recent annual report
- milestones and evaluation criteria
The final decision of the firm to conduct the audit will be made by the Board of Directors and recommended to the general membership at READ Saskatoon’s annual general membership.
All questions and correspondence should be directed to Sheryl Harrow-Yurach, Executive Director in writing at the address below or by calling 306-652-5448.
We will look forward to receiving your proposal, in person, via email or both, on or before noon, Monday, April 5, 2021.
Executive Director, READ Saskatoon
14th April, 2021
09th April, 2021
19th March, 2021
26th February, 2021
11th February, 2021