Volunteer With Us
Become a Committee member and/or Financial Literacy Volunteer
READ Saskatoon, a community-based literacy organization serving Saskatoon and the province, is recruiting committee members and financial literacy volunteers for 2019-2021.
We are seeking caring community leaders with a passion for learning to join our committees and/or become financial literacy volunteers.
We need members with willing hearts and active hands who are skilled in the following areas:
- 2 Governance committee members. Meet 3-4 times a year for 1-2 hours each meeting.
- 2 Fund Development committee members. Meet 3-4 times a year for 1-2 hours each meeting.
- 2 Nominating Committee Members. Meet 3-4 times a year for 1-2 hours each meeting.
- 2 Fundraising committee members. Volunteers are required for two events: READ Saskatoon PGI Golf Tournament for Literacy in the fall of each year and LIT UP! in spring. In total, 4-5 meetings within the 6 months prior to fundraising events.
- 3 Financial Literacy volunteers. Volunteers accompany READ Saskatoon’s Financial Literacy Coordinator to provide expertise and support to marginalized populations. These volunteers must be employed by a financial institution and have experience in RESPs, Canada Learning Bond, CESGs, Banking, credit and budgeting. 4 hours max per year.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter highlighting your areas of interest and expertise, along with a resume to:
Chair of Committee and Financial Literacy Volunteer Selection Committee
or drop it at READ Saskatoon’s office at #2-706 Duchess Street, S7K 0R3
Call 306-652-5448 if you have any questions.
Our work in adult, family, and financial literacy changes lives every day.
Nominations open Monday, August 19 and close Monday, September 16th noon.
For more information about READ Saskatoon:
visit our website www.READsaskatoon.com or call 306-652-5446.
Thank you for your interest.
19th August, 2019
16th August, 2019
26th July, 2019
17th May, 2019